Thứ Tư, 21 tháng 8, 2013

Yeah, I guess the title already gives a hint about the tone of this review. It feels like I've done several less positive reviews this month, and I don't like writing those and would rather just skip this whole thing. But I know some people were wondering about the Essence Paper Print stuff as well, so I'll post my findings anyway. I'll appologise in advance for the nail pics, they ain't as nice as I'd like, but after my first try I was more in the mood to throw things away than to make photos or polish and cleanup neatly >.<

But lets take it from the start, shall we? The Paper Print stuff comes in 4 variations with a transfer solution sold separate. I chose the love themed variation, and as you can see, it's quite a big sheet of paper! All 4 sheets have nice and original images, and text used on them is printed backwards, so it'll be correct on the nails. The papers cost €1,39 and the transfer solution €1,89. So far, so good, and I was excited to try it out.


Both the transfer solution and the paper explain how it works. I chose a completely colored image, and the size I cut out here, was what I needed for 4 nails. So you do get quite a few manis out of a sheet.


I used a white base and used top coat to help it dry quicker. I then went for the first nail, and the result was so lousy that I tried other methods straight away.

Pink: transfer solution on paper, pressed down with a dry pad
Ring: transfer solution on nail and on paper, pressed down with a dry pad
Middle: transfer solution on paper and on top of paper, pressed down with a pad with alcohol
Index: pressed down with a pad with alcohol

All of the options barely transferred, only the darker parts transferred a little bit, and there's no color on my nails at all! Was it the top coat in between? I'm not sure, I wouldn't expect that to make any difference, but I tried it again without TC.


So I wiped off the TC with failed print, so I just had polish on my nails. I went for a simple black image, because the darker areas did seem to transfer a little. And I went for the same methods as above, so:

Pink: transfer solution on paper, pressed down with a dry pad
Ring: transfer solution on nail and on paper, pressed down with a dry pad
Middle: transfer solution on paper and on top of paper, pressed down with a pad with alcohol
Index: pressed down with a pad with alcohol

This image did transfer a lot better, and I applied top coat after. It didn't smudge (right image), so that was a plus! And it seems the Essence way, so just transfer solution on the paper, works just as well -if not better- than the other ways.


Then I thought, I'll give the remaining 4 images on the sheet a try as well, and I'll go for a different base, without top coat. I went with the application Essence describes, so transfer solution on the paper only and pressed down with a dry pad.
My indexfinger has the colorful flower print, only a tiny bit of blue transferred. My middle-/ringfinger have the dark flower print and text with red hearts print (can't remember which had what, but it barely transferred anyway), my pink had the black text/image print.



Now I'm sure I'm partially to blame here as well, don't get me wrong. I'm not exactly experienced with transfers like this, it might go better with more practice (although I'd expect smudged transfers and such from lack of experience, not lack of transfer) and I probably shouldn't have used top coat for my first try. But it seems to me that only the black images transfer well.
And yeah, another newspaper product that I'm being a bit of a Negative Nancy about, I know, I know :/ But you can get decent results from the standard newspaper nails, and I'll link to Nailderella again, if you can achieve this result at home, I just get my hopes up!

Again, I do like the images and just as the previous newspaper product that I showed, I'll try this again as well. If I get a diffrerent result then, I'll make sure to post that as well!
If you try this as well, and did get a better result, I'd love to hear how you did it so please let me know!

Back to happy posts with normal polish and stamps! Thanks for looking :)

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

nghe nhạc trực tuyếnNấu món chay | học nấu ăn DJ - Ảnh đẹp | xalotinnhanh