Thứ Bảy, 24 tháng 1, 2015

Howdy! No tone-on-tone, no subtle stamping, nothing like that... bright&bold is what I'm showing today! I started with a grey base, used tape and an orange polish to cover half the nail, and then I applied the black triangle glitters. It worked best for me to start at the tips and work my way up with them. I finished with 2 layers of top coat, but as you can tell, these glitters weren't 100% flat and are a little bit on the thick side. And my nails are a bit more rounded at the top than the sides of my nails, which makes the sides of the glitters slightly stand up from the nail. So even with those 2 layers, the result isn't as smooth as I'd like! Maybe I should apply top coat and just stick them in the wet top coat next time, and not add more on top. That usually works fine with glitters :)

Essence Got A Secret with China Glaze Papaya Punch and BornPrettyStore triangle glitters

Essence Got A Secret with China Glaze Papaya Punch and BornPrettyStore triangle glitters.

Essence Got A Secret with China Glaze Papaya Punch and BornPrettyStore triangle glitters

My camera picked up the orange better but showed the grey too light. But I took a pic with my phone to show this mani to my boyfriend, and as it turned out, my phone captured the grey well, but the orange too dark :P Instead of messing around more with my camera to get the right settings, I figured to just show both pics :) I do like the look of this mani, but I know myself well enough, glitters that stick out won't last long (can you resist picking them off?) and when a mani looks a bit thick because of the amount of layers, meh. Sooo, if I'd wear this kinda combo again, I think I'd be back to stamping, haha!

The triangle shaped glitters come in little jar like a lot of BPS glitters, and just like most of their glitters, they come in a bunch of colors as well. It felt like some glitters were thicker than others, but as I quickly found out, that was because there were several still sticking together. Rubbing them between my fingers sorted that easily! You can find the glitters here, a little jar costs $2.53, and you'll get 10% off with code ABJ61.

Hope you'll have a lovely weekend, take care!


The product(s) in this post was/were send to me for review. For more information, please have a look at my Disclosure Policy.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

nghe nhạc trực tuyếnNấu món chay | học nấu ăn DJ - Ảnh đẹp | xalotinnhanh